With Jacquelyn Nash & Mel Toth
June 12-19, 2021 Lucca, Italy
Join Jacquelyn & Mel for an immersive experience of returning to YOU,
set among the olive groves and vineyards of the iconic Tuscan landscape.
Jacquelyn Nash & Mel Toth return to Il Borghino, just outside of the quaint city of Lucca, to share their balanced approach to yoga and well-being with one goal: helping you return to your most vibrant version of YOU. Spend 7 days and 7 nights in the Villa at Il Borghino, rising each morning for an energizing, all-levels vinyasa experience and finishing the day with a gentle, restorative wind-down. Hand-picked excursions, guided meditations and yoga nidra will be sprinkled throughout, along with plenty of time for lounging by the salt-water pool and exploring the spectacular grounds and area surrounding Il Borghino. Family style dining will provide ample opportunity for connecting with your fellow travelers while experiencing some of the best home-cooked, authentic Italian cuisine you’ll ever taste.
Come realign your path and follow your own inner light to YOU on this spacious, supportive journey toward the true home that resides in each of us. Let the natural charm of the Italian culture and countryside, and the good company of friends, old and new, help bring you back to a place of greater ease, clarity, and connection to your Self and others.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
Located just 10 km from the charming medieval city of Lucca, Il Borghino offers an opportunity to truly relax and unwind in a unique location whilst experiencing the best that Tuscany has to offer.
In addition to lounging in an Italian utopia next to a saltwater pool, this retreat includes olive groves to meander through, vegetarian meals and wine to savor, a Turkish sauna to relax in, this wellness retreat also includes these exquisite excursions:
- Bike & walking tour of Lucca
- Coastal Paradise Walk: Guided Hike along the Ligurian Coastline
Tour of two historic Lucca Villas along with their spectacular gardens.
Plenty of time to explore the area on your own.
All levels of practitioners are welcome on this retreat. Expect a flowing style in the morning to prepare you for the day and a gentle/restorative experience in the afternoon, after your time exploring Italy. Both Jacquelyn and Mel have experience teaching to a wide range of practitioners and their knowledge is at the ready to offer modifications to all levels and types of practitioners. All classes will focus on breath and body connection. There will be additional opportunities for guided meditation and guided relaxation.
Learning to accommodate her own spinal asymmetry (scoliosis) and chronic pain has repeatedly taught Mel that less is often more when it comes to physical practice. She is passionate about the power of supported, reclined poses paired with guided breathing and relaxation techniques to change the body/mind’s relationship to physical and emotional pain patterns; this makes teaching gentle and RESTorative yoga her specialties.
In Mel’s words: “Practicing yoga helps me better know and understand myself so I can more sensitively care for myself and others. I practice because I want to feel better; I teach because I want to help others learn how to make themselves feel better.”
Deposit must be made by Jan. 10, 2021. There are 4 accommodation options and a total of only 10 rooms available, so early registration is recommended. The prices listed below are Early Bird Pricing. Price is $225 more if deposit ($500) is made AFTER January 10, 2021.
- Room Type A – Shared twin room + shared hallway bathroom. (2 people per room. 2 rooms / 4 places. $2,300 (USD) per person.
- Room Type B – Shared twin Room + Private bathroom. 2 single beds, (2 people per room). 3 rooms / 6 places. $2,475 (USD) per person.
- Room Type C – Shared Double Room + Private Bathroom. 1 double bed, (2 people per room). 1 room left /4 places. $2,475 (USD) per person.
- Room Type D – Single Room + Private Bathroom. 1 single bed (1 person per room). 2 rooms / 2 places. $2,700 (USD) per person.
Note: couples can choose Room Type B if no more Type C available. The retreat center will put the twin beds together.
Please note: Your receipt will be coming from Jacquelyn Nash’s business, Hudson Valley Wedding Yoga.
- 7 nights accommodation (including linen and towels) at Il Borghino TUSCANY villa + gastronomia + a room with a view
- Home made Tuscan vegetarian food created with love by the amazing Maria-Angela (3 meals/day except 1 x lunch when on coastal hike and 1 x dinner when on Lucca evening outing) + local wine for dinner
- Healthy juice for breakfast, unlimited fruit, water and herbal teas throughout the day
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and pizza, fresh out of the wood-fired pizza oven at Il Borghino
- Transfers to and from Lucca train or bus station to Il Borghino villa at the start and finish of the retreat. There will be one scheduled pick up and drop off only. Any transfers outside of this are not included.
- Use of the WIFI
- Laundry facilities in each house for use by guests at Il Borghino Villa in Tuscany
What’s Not Included?
- Airfares (Suggested Airport Pisa)
- Travel insurance
- Airport Transfers
- Two meals out during excursions to coastal hike + Lucca
- Other travel related expenses outside of the retreat
- Additional in-house treatments eg facials and massage
- Other optional excursions or activities not included in the retreat