What to expect…
- The first 45 minutes includes gentle yin/restorative yoga, accompanied by soothing acoustic guitar leaving you open and ready to receive the Yoga Nidra and Sound Healing offerings, fully embodied.
- The following 15/20 minutes take you on an journey into a deep state of relaxation through a guided meditation (Yoga Nidra/Psychic Sleep).
- The remaining hour is spent resting on your back, bathing in a sound experience that will encourage deep relaxation, rejuvenation and an acceleration of your inward journey.
Inversion Immersion Workshop
Intro to Yoga Series
with Lori Henry
6-Week Series, September 16th-October 21st
$80 for Series
at our Uptown Location at 57 Crown St.
Learn the basics of yoga with long-time practitioner and certified instructor, Lori Henry, in a warm and welcoming environment. This beginner-friendly class breaks down the fundamentals of a yoga practice. We take it slowly and intentionally, shedding light on foundational yoga poses and taking the time we need to feel them and understand them fully.
Mysore Ashtanga Exploration Weekend
with Susan DeRyder
Saturday & Sunday, 9/8-9/9, 1:00-4:00pm
Day 1: Saturday, September 8th, 1-4pm Open to students new to the Mysore method, including absolute beginners
On Day 1 we will explore the fundamentals of the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series. The Primary Series is the first series we learn in the Ashtanga Yoga system, anyone new to Ashtanga Yoga begins here. We will approach the practice with the intention to start attending the early morning Mysore program. Discover ways to memorize the sequence, which is necessary if we are interested in practicing using the traditional Mysore method. Once you have completed Day 1 and Day 2 of this weekend, you will have the basic foundations needed to join in the early morning practice group which meets Monday, Wednesday, Friday anytime between 6:30-8:30am* (*you may arrive any time and are required to finish your practice by 8:30am).
On Day 1, learn:
- a little about the background of this method, where it comes from and the benefits of practicing Mysore Style Ashtanga Yoga
- the foundations for this practice Surya Namaskar A and B, the standing sequence and the closing sequence.
- ways to learn and memorize the sequence.
Those attending Day 1 are welcome to attend the Sunday Led Primary Series class on 9/9 at no extra charge to participate or to just observe.
Day 2: Sunday, September 9th, 1-4pm Open to students who attended Day 1 and to those who have a current Mysore Style practice*. (*If you do not have a current Mysore practice, please attend Day 1)
- Ashtanga Yoga follows the `Tristana` approach to yoga practice ~ Breath, Bandha/Posture, Drishti. We will learn the details of this method and find out why and how it leads to a state of dharana (concentration), dhyana (meditation) and ultimately samadhi (liberation/enlightenment). We will practice this method using various postures from the Ashtanga Primary Series in order to experience the breath, the bandhas and the drishti as it happens in your own practice.
- When you attend a Mysore Style class you will primarily receive hands on adjustments with minimal verbal cues. We will learn about this approach, how to assess if a physical adjustment is safe for your body and how receive adjustments in a way that will ultimately benefit your practice.