Yin Yoga Intensive Weekend
With Bobbie Marchand
One Weekend, May 19-21
Friday, 7:00-9:30pm; Saturday & Sunday, 11:30-4:30pm
Come explore the depths of Yin Yoga and the philosophy behind teaching this practice with Bobbie Marchand of Prema Yoga in Brooklyn, NY. This intensive weekend is open to both teachers who want to add this to their set of teaching skills and to those students who want to deepen their knowledge of the Yin practice.
In this intensive, students will explore:
- a deeper place of connection and understanding of your own practice (that’s where your teaching voice comes from)
- Yin Yoga history & philosophy
- Connective Tissue: the star of the show in this method and how is relates to the physical, mental/emotional and subtle bodies
- how to set the ‘mood’ of the practice; evoking and maintaining the space of quiet, thoughtful attention
- Support: the appropriate use of props, touch and language
The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga, Bernie Clark. 2012.
Bobbie Marchand, in pursuing her love of dance, moved from her native Toronto to NY in 2005. Though the transition of dancer to yoga teacher is a common one, it was an illness that tuned her in to the power of a daily, dedicated practice. Bobbie’s Vinyasa classes are creative, challenging and fun. Drawing on her dance background, the sequencing is expressive and fluid while encouraging alignment (and a healthy use of props!). Her yin/stretch/restorative classes are an invitation to pause, yield to the sense of support, turn inward and take the practice to a quiet, nourishing place away from the external stress of our busy lives. Endless gratitude to teachers Diana Lockett, Amanda Harding and Raghunath for their encouragement, support and loving guidance on this incredible journey.