Yin Yoga Intensive Weekend
With Bobbie Marchand
One Weekend, May 19-21
Friday, 7:00-9:30pm; Saturday & Sunday, 11:30-4:30pm
Come explore the depths of Yin Yoga and the philosophy behind teaching this practice with Bobbie Marchand of Prema Yoga in Brooklyn, NY. This course will meet the guidelines for a 30-hour Yin Certification for Continuing Education with the Yoga Alliance. The Yin training is open to both teachers who want to add this to their set of teaching skills and to those students who want to deepen their knowledge of the Yin practice.
In this training student will explore:
- a deeper place of connection and understanding of your own practice (that’s where your teaching voice comes from)
- Yin Yoga history & philosophy
- Connective Tissue: the star of the show in this method and how is relates to the physical, mental/emotional and subtle bodies
- how to set the ‘mood’ of the practice; evoking and maintaining the space of quiet, thoughtful attention
- Support: the appropriate use of props, touch and language
2017 Training Dates & Times:
The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga, Bernie Clark. 2012.