What to expect…
- The first 45 minutes includes gentle yin/restorative yoga, accompanied by soothing acoustic guitar leaving you open and ready to receive the Yoga Nidra and Sound Healing offerings, fully embodied.
- The following 15/20 minutes take you on an journey into a deep state of relaxation through a guided meditation (Yoga Nidra/Psychic Sleep).
- The remaining hour is spent resting on your back, bathing in a sound experience that will encourage deep relaxation, rejuvenation and an acceleration of your inward journey.
Intro to Yoga Series
with Lori Henry
5-Week Series, 6/3-7/1
at our Uptown Location at 57 Crown St.
Learn the basics of yoga with long-time practitioner and certified instructor, Lori Henry, in a warm and welcoming environment. This beginner-friendly class breaks down the fundamentals of a yoga practice. We take it slowly and intentionally, shedding light on foundational yoga poses and taking the time we need to feel them and understand them fully.
AromaRESTorative with Mel Toth
The next one is: Friday, 5/18 always at the Uptown studio, 5:30-7pm.
Relax and unwind with restorative poses and essential oils hand-selected for particular uses with your supportive guide, Mel Toth. Drop ins welcome or register below:
Uptown Studio – 57 Crown Street
with Leigha Butler
Meditation is the journey from sound to silence,
from movement to stillness,
from a limited identity to unlimited space.
-Sri Ravi Shankar
We are pleased to offer up our Uptown space to sit silently together in meditation. We will observe silence between the hours of 8:00 & 9:00, but don’t feel like you have to stay for the full duration. Leigha will ring a bell at 8:30 and then again at 9:00am.
- Arrive between 8 and 8:30am.
- Donate something or nothing.
- Depart any time.
- A bell will ring at 8:30.
- A bell will ring twice at 9:00 to indicate to closing.
- You will find a prompt at the desk.
- After 9 o’clock, feel free to ask questions or share insights!
Ashtanga Field Trip:
Practice with David Garrigues
at Sruti Berkshire Yoga Center
Sunday, May 27th
Group discount for The Yoga House Ashtangis: $100/person
- 6:10am-meet at park and ride in Kingston
- 7:45-9:30am-Mysore with David Garrigues
- 9:30-10:00am-Pranayama with David Garrigues
- 10:00am-Breakfast outing
- After Breakfast–Great Barrington outing: There’s plenty to do in Great Barrington, including some light hiking on the Housatonic River, or just moseying through the town.
- 3:00pm-4:30pm-Workshop with David Garrigues, Ashtanga Dynamic Vinyasa Dimension (see description below)
- 4:30-homeward bound!
Ashtanga’s Dynamic Vinyasa Dimension
This asana class will focus on how proper vinyasa knowledge extends beyond memorizing the number of positions of the asana; you are also meant to know the vinyasa positions dynamically within your body. There is a great art to understanding the subtle progressions of movement that bring you into and out of each asana, exploring this refinement is what brings you into readiness, poise, beauty and alignment in your postures. We’ll look at how such vinyasa knowledge helps you understand how to refine your awareness and to learn to see the practice as chiefly dhyana, meditation.
Price for the yoga for the day is $100 (Sruti is generously giving us a group discount for the day) . We’ll be collecting money and paying Sruti for the group. Because we’ll be paying Sruti via The Yoga House, we’d prefer cash or check payment, or we can take CC for a $5 additional charge.
If you plan on coming and would like to pay via cash/check, please email us here.
If you plan on coming and would like to pay via Credit Card, follow paypal payment option below.