The Yoga House is thrilled to offer, thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor, a scholarship for unlimited classes for the duration of 2019 at both of our locations in Kingston. This is a need-based scholarship, and our intention is to offer the practice and benefits of yoga to someone who would otherwise be unable to financially pursue and develop a practice in the environment and with the support of a yoga studio community. Applicants can but are not required to have previous yoga experience.
Inspired by our generous donor, we are awarding the scholarship to someone who is an active part of the Kingston community, who has displayed his/her commitment by donating time and service to others in need right here in Kingston.
- Awarded Applicant must attend at least three classes per week, excluding any emergency circumstances.
- If applicant misses two consecutive weeks of practice without extenuating circumstances the scholarship will be withdrawn and given to another applicant.
- Please provide the details of your community service experience(s) in Kingston.
- In a few words, why do you want to develop a yoga practice? What about yoga speaks to you?
- What, if any, previous experience have you had with yoga? (This can include information or history you may have researched or heard.)
- How do you feel your yoga practice will benefit your life? How, and in what way?
Building off of these questions, please include a brief bio about yourself. Your application should be no more than two pages in length and include your email and phone number. Please address your response to Jacquelyn Nash & Felipa Gaudet, and send your application to email@example.com with the subject “Scholarship Application.” Once applications have been reviewed, we will ask to meet with the applicant finalists before announcing a recipient.
Application deadline: March 13, 2019. Applications received after this date will not be accepted
We look forward to reviewing your application!