Ashtanga Field Trip:
Practice with David Garrigues
at Sruti Berkshire Yoga Center
Sunday, May 27th
Group discount for The Yoga House Ashtangis: $100/person
- 6:10am-meet at park and ride in Kingston
- 7:45-9:30am-Mysore with David Garrigues
- 9:30-10:00am-Pranayama with David Garrigues
- 10:00am-Breakfast outing
- After Breakfast–Great Barrington outing: There’s plenty to do in Great Barrington, including some light hiking on the Housatonic River, or just moseying through the town.
- 3:00pm-4:30pm-Workshop with David Garrigues, Ashtanga Dynamic Vinyasa Dimension (see description below)
- 4:30-homeward bound!
Ashtanga’s Dynamic Vinyasa Dimension
This asana class will focus on how proper vinyasa knowledge extends beyond memorizing the number of positions of the asana; you are also meant to know the vinyasa positions dynamically within your body. There is a great art to understanding the subtle progressions of movement that bring you into and out of each asana, exploring this refinement is what brings you into readiness, poise, beauty and alignment in your postures. We’ll look at how such vinyasa knowledge helps you understand how to refine your awareness and to learn to see the practice as chiefly dhyana, meditation.
Price for the yoga for the day is $100 (Sruti is generously giving us a group discount for the day) . We’ll be collecting money and paying Sruti for the group. Because we’ll be paying Sruti via The Yoga House, we’d prefer cash or check payment, or we can take CC for a $5 additional charge.
If you plan on coming and would like to pay via cash/check, please email us here.
If you plan on coming and would like to pay via Credit Card, follow paypal payment option below.